- Why this privacy statement?
MONROE attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant applicable legal regulations. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act means a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
With this Privacy Statement, MONROE would like to point out any processing operations with regard to this data and your rights. By using our platform/our website/our application you explicitly grant your consent with possible processing operations by MONROE .
It is possible that this Privacy Statement is subject to adjustments and changes in the future. It is up to you to consult this document on a regular basis. Any substantial change will always be clearly communicated on the MONROE platform .
- Who processes the personal data?
The website is an initiative of:
WOK-U BVBA – BE 0460.490.969
Gentplaats 1, 2000 Antwerp
Tel +32 3 248 95 95
- Which personal data are processed?
MONROE undertakes to process only those data that are relevant and necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. The following categories of personal data can be processed by MONROE :
- First name + last name (newsletter)
- Address details (via webshop)
- Phone number (tablebookers)
- Male/female (tablebookers)
- For what purposes will my personal data be used?
MONROE collects personal data to provide you with a safe, optimal and personalized user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you make more intensive use of the platform/website/application and our online services.
Data processing is essential for the operation of the website and the associated services. The processing takes place exclusively for the following well-defined purposes:
- Offering and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, provision of information, newsletters and offers useful and/or necessary to you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
- Offering and improving the delivered products; person-oriented and specific products on the basis of information and data provided.
- The detection of and protection against fraud, errors and/or criminal behavior.
- Marketing purposes
When visiting the MONROE platform/website/application some data is collected for statistical purposes. Such data is necessary to optimize the use of our platform/our website/our application. These data are: IP address, presumed place of consultation, time and day of consultation, which pages were visited. When you use the MONROE you agree to this data collection for static purposes as described above.
The User always provides MONROE with personal data and can thus exercise a certain degree of control. If certain information is incomplete or apparently incorrect, MONROE reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend certain expected actions.
The personal data is only processed for internal use within MONROE .
We can therefore reassure you that personal data will not be sold, passed on or communicated to third parties affiliated with us. MONROE has taken all possible legal and technical precautions to prevent unauthorized access and use.
During a visit to our platform/website, ‘cookies’ may be placed on your hard drive to better tailor the platform/website to the needs of the returning visitor. Non-functional cookies help us to optimize your visit to the platform and to provide technical remember choices.
If you use the MONROE want to consult, it is recommended that you have cookies enabled . How you can disable cookies, on the other hand, can also be read in our Cookie Statement .
- What are my rights?
- Guarantee of lawful and secure processing of personal data
MONROE always processes your personal data fairly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
- Personal data will only be processed in accordance with the described and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data will only be processed insofar as this is sufficient, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data will only be kept for as long as this is necessary for the realization of the described and legitimate purposes in this Privacy Statement.
The necessary technical and security measures have been taken to minimize the risks of unauthorized access to or processing of personal data. In the event of a break-in in its computer systems, MONROE will immediately take all possible measures to limit the damage to a minimum.
- Right of access/rectification/deletion of your personal data
Upon proof of your identity as a User, you have the right to obtain a confirmation from MONROE as to whether or not your personal data will be processed. When MONROE processes your data, you also have the right to inspect the collected personal data. If you wish to exercise your right of access, MONROE will comply within one (1) month of receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and omissions in the first place. You can exercise your right to rectification by providing an additional statement to MONROE . MONROE will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the additional statement.
You also have the right to have your personal data erased by us without undue delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected;
- When the personal data was collected on the basis of consent obtained and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- When an objection is made to the processing and there are no prevailing compelling legitimate grounds for the processing;
- When the personal data has been processed unlawfully;
- When the personal data must be erased in accordance with a legal obligation.
MONROE assesses the presence of any of the aforementioned cases.
- Right to restriction of/objection to the processing of your personal data
User has the right to obtain a limitation of the processing of your personal data:
- During the period that MONROE needs to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and the User requests a limitation of the processing instead of deleting the personal data;
- When MONROE no longer needs the personal data of the User for the processing purposes and the User needs the personal data in connection with a legal claim;
- During the period MONROE needs to assess the presence of the grounds for erasure of personal data.
The User also has the right to object at any time to the processing of his personal data. MONROE will then cease processing your personal data, unless MONROE can invoke compelling legitimate grounds for the processing of your personal data that outweigh the User’s right to object.
If the User wishes to exercise these rights, MONROE will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to EMAIL ADDRESS
- Right to data portability
The user has the right to obtain the personal data provided to MONROE in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. In addition, the User has the right to transfer this personal data to another controller if the processing of the personal data is solely based on the consent obtained from the User.
If User wishes to exercise this right, MONROE will comply within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to [email protected]
- Right to withdraw my consent/right to file a complaint
The user has the right to withdraw his consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. In addition, the User has the right to submit a complaint regarding the processing of his personal data by MONROE to the Belgian Commission for the Protection of Privacy.
If the User wishes to exercise this right, MONROE will comply with this within one (1) month after receiving the request. The request is made by registered mail or by e-mail to [email protected]